A Project template is a template of your entire project file that saves your track layout, media items, folders, sends and includes project and media settings/configurations. It does not include Markers. If you wish to exclude any media items or clips, simply delete the items before saving the project template.
How to create and save a project template
1. Begin with an empty project.
2. Insert all tracks and media items you wish to include. Optionally, you can include any fx, track sends, or folders for easy navigation.
3. Go to the file menu with alt plus F or alt followed by F after release of alt.
4. down arrow to the project template sub menu and expand it.
5. Select first option, which is “save project as template”.
6. Type new Name, browse for location if you wish it to be in a separate location other than the default, and finally save.
Note: if you wish it to be your default start up project template, name it “default” without the quotes.
Importing a project template
1. Go to the file menu with alt plus F or alt followed by F after release of alt.
2. down arrow to the project template sub menu and expand it.
3. If you saved your project templates in the default location, you should see them here by simply arrowing up and down.
4. Press enter on the name of the project template you wish to import/open.
Note: when you open a project template it will close your existing project. This does not occur with track templates.
To find out about Track Templates, read the Track Templates article here.